SG Ellison, DRG’s company president and co-founder, spent time chatting with Taco Bell CEO Mark King and fellow franchisee Tina Reagan, president of K-MAC, on a recent episode of Taco Bell’s “Recipe for Restless Creativity” podcast.
The group discussed how Taco Bell has stayed at the forefront of culture and innovation, even through a pandemic. In fact, Taco Bell secured the No. 1 spot on Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” ranking for the second year in a row! The brand celebrates 60 years in 2022.
Also covered in the podcast:
- what brought SG and Tina into the world of Taco Bell;
- the collaborative relationship between Taco Bell corporate and the entire franchise system;
- what sets Taco Bell apart in the QSR space: healthy working relationships among 200+ franchisees who are willing to help one another and celebrate shared brand success; and
- the ultra cool Taco Bell “cantina” concept and DRG’s involvement in taking it to the next level in several states (COMING SOON: Kansas City sports-themed cantina!); and
- SG’s advice for anyone interested in entering the franchisee business.
SG sort of fell into the industry when he and DRG Chairman and CEO David Grieve “backpedaled into a real estate deal that had some Taco Bell stores in Los Angeles…” And he’s fallen in love with the people, being very passionate about creating opportunities and changing lives.
Listen now to Episode 10 of Taco Bell’s “Recipe for Restless Creativity” podcast.